These Apple Nut Muffins are perfect for baking this holiday season. They are super simple to make, and would be a wonderful addition to your holiday breakfast table. (They also make a great mid-day or evening treat for the busy host or hostess!) While lovely plain, they’re especially delicious when topped with butter, cream cheese, or peanut butter.
The best part is that not only are these muffins yummy and moist, with an amazingly light and cakey texture, they make the house smell so good when they’re baking and they’re also only 5.7 net carbs each! They’re all natural, and each muffin contains less than a tsp. of sugar. I think apple lovers big and small will enjoy this healthy, low-carb delight.
Yield: 12 muffins
Serving size: 1 muffin
Added sugar per serving: 3/4 tsp.
- 6 large pastured eggs
- 3 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 3/8 cup filtered water
- 3/8 cup organic coconut milk
- 3/8 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup chopped apples
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- a pinch of allspice
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Use baking cups to line a 12 muffin muffin tin.
- Place the eggs, oil, vanilla, baking powder, water, coconut milk, and flour into a medium sized bowl.
- Using a wire whisk, whisk together until the batter is smooth.
- Add in the remaining ingredients. Mix well to combine.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins. Try to distribute the apples and nuts evenly between the muffins.
- Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown, and a toothpick inserted near the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Keep an eye out for more new muffin recipes, coming soon!
Have a great day!