This salad is refreshing, with a bright, crisp flavor.
Yield: 6 cups
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Fiber: 0.8 grams
Protein: 0.7 grams
Fat: 12.6 grams
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tsp fresh oregano
1 tsp fresh parsley
2/3 tsp fresh thyme
1 clove of garlic
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cucumbers, peeled, sliced into rounds and cut in half
6 Roma tomatoes, sliced into rounds and cut in half
3/4 cup red onion, diced
extra salt and pepper, optional
- Place the first seven ingredients into the bowl of a food processor that has been fitted with a steel blade.
- Begin blending. While the processor is running, slowly pour the olive oil through the feed tube into the bowl.
- Blend for a few seconds, until the dressing is thoroughly combined and becomes opaque.
- Place the cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion into a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing into the bowl, and mix well to combine all of the ingredients.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Chill salad in a covered container in the refrigerator, for at least 4 hours, to allow the flavors to meld before serving.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please share and like on Facebook, follow me on twitter, and subscribe to this website!